Rudolph Henry "Rudy" Ochsner
Rudy and Bazel Ochsner, Circa 1950
Emma Krasser Geis collection
- October 7, 1896 - Born in Joliet, Illinois.
- 1907 - Arrived with his parents in Oklahoma.
- January 30, 1911 - Father died when he was 14.
- November 30, 1917 - Married Bazel Cunningham in Lawton.
- August 13, 1918 - Joined the U.S. Army.
- March 6, 1919 - Honorably discharged from the army.
- August 1923 - United with Chattanooga First Baptist Church by baptism.
- April 20, 1960 - Mother died when he was 63.
- February 7, 1971 - Died at Bethania Hospital in Witchita Falls of cancer (age 74).
- Buried in Chattanooga Cemetery.
Rudy enlisted in the army during World War I. He was sent to the European Theater, where he was a messenger. He rode a motorcycle up and down the front lines delivering messages from headquarters to the troops in the trenches. He was discharged with the rank of corporal and the commendation, "Service honest and faithful ..."
Rudy and Bazel lived on a farm located one mile south and two miles east of the Homestead. After retiring from the farm, they built a new house in Chattanooga.